Friday, March 9, 2018

March guest designer... Barb!

Please welcome Barb as our guest designer this month!

Hello! My name is Barb Prendergast. I'm a native Illinois girl but moved to Colorado in November 2015 with my husband of 33 years, Mike, and my mother, who lives with us.  I'm an avid scrapbooker as well as a wife, mother of four, grandmother of ten (with another one on the way!), and retired newspaper writer and public relations professional. I scrapbook because I feel it's important to chronicle my family's daily lives as well as the "big events," and also as a form of artistic expression. Our four children all are married with families, careers, mortgages and lives of their own. They're all back in the Midwest and we don't get to see each other as much as we would like, so photos and videos are important ways to share events in each others' lives.

I was really excited about using this double-page sketch because it's different from the usual sketch with photos on both sides of the layout. It was perfect for the border-strip piece of patterned paper that came in the doggy-themed "Bark!" collection from Echo Park. I replaced the chevron arrow on the right-hand page with a cute banner sticker from the kit and used one of the photo spots for my journaling. I loved adding a really BIG title, too!

2 comments:

  1. Barb, my old Creative Chaos friend! It is great to see your take on the sketch this month!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to visit us at Stick it Down! We love having you.